There is currently 1 open positions at The Canopy Group.
Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative
The Canopy Group – Minnetonka, MN
Our mid-sized independent Insurance Agency is looking for a motivated Customer Service Representative to join our team. Our energetic agency conducts ongoing successful marketing campaigns, generating numerous leads to our producers per week. Our successful candidate is a team player with insurance customer service experience, has superior communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Job Summary: The Insurance Customer Service Representative will assist our clients with service inquiries, and cross-sell additional lines of personal insurance to existing clients. The position requires superior phone and interpersonal communication skills, exceptional listening, and prior success in servicing clients on personal lines of insurance.
1. Receive inbound calls to assist insureds with inquiries while making changes to policies as needed, documenting in our agency
2. Place outbound calls to complete research and follow up activity and conduct annual account review
3. Communicate with current and potential clients, providing information, answering questions and resolving concerns
4. Processing policy transactions
5. Identify opportunities to up-sell coverage and seek cross sell opportunities
6. Prepare insurance proposals through rating new business and expiring policies
7. Assist clients in submitting loss notices and maintain follow up to ensure timely claims settlement
8. Compile and update client database
9. Maintain orderly electronic files and information, following agency procedures regarding customer interactions and transactions,
documenting details of conversations, as well as actions taken. Setting suspense for those situations where it is needed.
10. Make sure all new business payments are submitted to the carrier for processing and policies have been issued and successfully
downloaded into agency management system
11. Process payments
12. Set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions
13. Assist agents with additional activities as assigned to achieve office growth and retention
14. Attend required training and continuing education programs
Job Specifications: Have strong attention to detail, effective at time management/prioritization/multi-tasking. Have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Property and Casualty Insurance license
• HS Degree or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Web-based Technology
• Excellent spelling and grammar; outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Prior insurance office experience